The mission of the Ila Faye Miller School of Nursing and Health Professions is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Word, through the educational preparation of health professionals.
- Prepare culturally diverse graduates who:
- Utilize current knowledge and evidence in professional practice
- Participate in service experiences that address social inequities and justice
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interconnection between health/wellness and quality of life
- Integrate core values into professional practice that build upon the heritage of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word
- Programmatically facilitate educational value outcomes.
- Develop, share, and actualize the knowledge of specific health disciplines and the art and science of teaching.
- Incorporate university core values which build on the heritage of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word within faculty, staff, and administrative practice.