EdD, MSN, RN, CNE
Assistant Professor/Clinical Liaison
Office: Nursing Building #208
Phone: (210) 832-3289
- 1985: Bachelors of Science in Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio Texas
- 2007: Master in Science, University of Phoenix
- 2018: Doctor of Education program at Walden University
Brief Academic and Teaching History
After being a medical-surgical nurse educator and nurse director for 10 years at a large healthcare facility in San Antonio, Mrs. Davila joined the Ila Faye Miller School of Nursing in January 2009. She coordinates and teaches the undergraduate Health Promotion Course and clinical. She is also the clinical liaison and is responsible for obtaining appropriate clinical sites for students. As clinical liaison, she is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders.
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Adult Medical Surgical
- Leadership & Management
Research InterestsMrs. Davila's main focus in the new registered nurse confidence level related to the Quality and Safety education for Nurses (QSEN )competencies. She is also interested in the impact of service learning, health promotion and innovative teaching learning strategies.
Recent Intellectual Contributions
- Canchola, A., Cook, A., Davila, Y. A., Kolb, A., & Torres, A. (2012). Educating Nursing Students for Providing Health Promotion to Community Residing Aging Population. 2nd Annual Conference on Building Partnership for Geriatric, San Antonio, Texas.
- Canchola, A., Cook, A., Davila, Y. A., Kolb, A., & Torres, A. (2012, July). Health Promotion:Effectiveness of Intervention of Nursing Students with Aging Populations. 2012 Summer Institute on Evidence-Based Quality Improvement, San Antonio, Texas.
- Cassells, A., Cook, A., Kolb, A., Davila, Y. A., Loftis, A., A. Armstrong (2011). Blood Pressure Knowledge and Self Management Behaviors of Older Hispanic Adults Diagnosed with Hypertension: Pilot Study. 1st Annual Conference on Building Partnership for Geriatric, San Antonio, Texas.
- Sigma Theta Tau- Delta Alpha at Large Chapter
- National League of Nursing
Current Vice-President and Delegate of the Delta Alpha at Large Chapter
Awards and Accomplishments
2004: Nurse Image Maker, Sigma Theta Tau International Delta Alpha Chapter
2012: University of the Incarnate Word Mother Columkille Colbert Award, University of the Incarnate Word
2012: Nightingale Excellence in Nursing Award, Medical Center Rotary Club of San Antonio Texas
2014: Legacy Teaching Award, University of the Incarnate Word
2017: Nurse Image Maker, Sigma Theta Tau International Delta Alpha Chapter
Mrs. Davila also coordinates several community outreach projects such as the annual Green Bean can drive for the Jimenez Thanksgiving Dinner, Haven for Hope Children Christmas Party and the Haven for Hope Adult Courtyard Christmas Breakfast.