EdD, MSN, RN, CNE
Office: Nursing Building #230
Phone: (210) 832-3289
- EdD - Walden University
- MS - University of Phoenix
- BSN - University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas
Brief Academic and Teaching History
After being a medical-surgical nurse educator and education director for 10 years at a large healthcare facility in San Antonio, Dr. Davila joined the Ila Faye Miller School of Nursing in January 2009. She is currently an assistant professor for the undergraduate nursing program.
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Adult Medical Surgical
- Leadership & Management
Transition to practice is Dr. Davila's main research focus, specifically the new nurse confidence level related to the Quality and Safety education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies. She is also interested in the impact of service learning, health promotion and innovative teaching learning strategies.
- Sigma Theta Tau-Delta Alpha at Large Chapter
- National League of Nursing
Current Vice-President and Delegate of the Delta Alpha at Large Chapter
Awards and Accomplishments
- 2004: Nurse Image Maker, Sigma Theta Tau International Delta Alpha Chapter
- 2012: University of the Incarnate Word Mother Columkille Colbert Award, University of the Incarnate Word
- 2012: Nightingale Excellence in Nursing Award, Medical Center Rotary Club of San Antonio, Texas
- 2014: Legacy Teaching Award, University of the Incarnate Word
- 2017: Nurse Image Maker, Sigma Theta Tau International Delta Alpha Chapter
- 2019: Ed Zlotkowski Faculty Service, Learning Award
Intellectual Contributions (Publications)
1. Davila, Y. A. & Richardson, C. (2018). Innovative Learning Strategies for Students Who Had a Prior Clinical Course Failure in Baccalaureate Nursing. Invited presentation at Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) International Forum 2018 Oceans of Opportunity: Evidence-based Practice to Improve Quality and Safety in Education and Practice, Bonita Springs, Florida. National:
2. Nadeau, J., Tilton, K., Gillespie, M & Davila Y. (2018). Contemporary curricular innovation concepts & community.Baccalaureate Education Conference, New Orleans, LA
3. Davila, Y., Richardson C. & Hook L (2019). The impact of a service-learning course on BSN nursing students. 2019 Gulf-South Summit Service Learning and Civic Engagement Through Higher Education, Huntsville, Texas Local:
4. Davila, Y. A. & Richardson, C. O. (2018). Service Learning in an undergraduate nursing course. Invited presentation at Research Week,
San Antonio, Texas
5. Canchola, A., Cook, A., Davila, Y. A., Kolb, A., & Torres, A. (2012). Educating Nursing Students for Providing Health Promotion to Community Residing Aging Population. 2nd Annual Conference on Building Partnership for Geriatric, San Antonio, Texas.
6. Canchola, A., Cook, A., Davila, Y. A., Kolb, A., & Torres, A. (2012, July). Health Promotion:Effectiveness of Intervention of Nursing Students with Aging Populations. 2012 Summer Institute on Evidence–Based Quality Improvement, San Antonio, Texas.
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Nurse Educator
Dr. Davila also coordinates several community outreach projects such as the annual Green Bean can drive for the Jimenez Thanksgiving Dinner, Haven for Hope Children Christmas Party and the Haven for Hope Adult Courtyard Christmas Breakfast.