Office: Nursing Building #228
Phone: (210) 829-3873
- MSN - Waden University
- BSN - Mercy College of Detroit, Detroit, Michigan
- Associate Science in Nursing - Monroe County Community College, Monroe, Michigan
Brief Academic and Teaching History
Kelly Gerardi is a non-tenure nursing instructor in the nursing program. Her primary teaching focus is fourth semester nursing students in a critical care nursing course. Faculty responsibilities include:
- Planning, teaching and evaluating students learning objectives.
- Assists with professional scholarship, service and active involvement in professional activities.
- Assists nursing students to develop an understanding of nursing values, attitudes and principles appropriate to nursing profession.
- Demonstrate patient care and activities of patient care to facilitate progression of nursing students' further development of clinical skills and critical thinking skills.
- Supervise nursing students in the clinical setting to ensure the state board of nursing Standards of Nursing practice is met.
- Provide feedback to nursing students of complex concept map developed from a patient encounter, critical analysis paper and clinical performance.
- Provide written evaluation to each student at established intervals during and upon completion of the clinical semester based upon the state board of nursing Standards of Nursing Practice.
January 2019 - May 2019
- NURS 3554 Medical Surgical Nursing Complex Care I
- NURS 4445 Medical Surgical Nursing Complex
- American Association Critical Care Nurses
- American Nurses Association
Certification/LicensesRN License in Texas