Office: Nursing Building #114
E-mail : email@example.com
Phone: (210) 829-3163
- PhD - Nursing Science University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, N.C.
- MSN - Nursing Public Health University of Illinois, Chicago, Ill.
- BSN - Nursing Millikin University, Decatur, Ill.
Brief Academic and Teaching History
- (2014 - Present) - Assistant Professor of Nursing, University of the Incarnate Word
- (2012 - 2014) - Assistant Professor of Nursing, Clemson University
- (2004 - 2008) - Visiting Nursing Instructor, University of Illinois at Champaign/Urbana
Graduate: Doctor of Nursing Practice:
- Scientific Underpinnings of Practice
- Evidence Based Methods and Practice I
- Health Policy for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Introduction to Epidemiology and Vulnerable Populations for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Nursing Theory for Advanced Practice
- Community Health Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Mental Health Nursing
- Research in Nursing
- Health Disparities
- Mexican Immigrant Women’s Health
- Health Literacy
- American Nurses Association
- Association of Community Health Nurse Educators
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses
- Texas Nurses Association
Awards and Accomplishments
- Scholars: The Nursing Capstone Project
- University of the Incarnate Word Faculty Endowment Award. Amount Awarded: $850
Intellectual Contributions (Publications)
- Dols, J. D., Hernández, C., & Miles, H. (2016). The DNP project: Quandaries for nursing scholars.Nursing Outlook. Advance online Publication. 1-10. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2016.07.009.
- Ivanov, L. L., Wallace, D., Hernández, C., & Hyde, Y. (2015). Diabetes risks and health literacy in Southern African Americans and Latino women. Journal of Community Health Nursing, 32, 12-23. doi:10.1080/07370016.2015.991664.
- Hernández C. M. & Wallace, D. C. (2014). A profile of Mexican-born women who adhere to national cervical cancer screening recommendations. Journal of Community Health Nursing 31, 157-166. doi:10.1080/07370016.2014.926678.
- Hernández, C. M. (2011). HIV/AIDS in childbearing Hispanic/Latinas: An emerging crisis. The American Journal of Maternal/Child Nursing, 36, 354-358. doi: 10.1097/NMC.0b013e31822d67aa.