DrPH, MSN, RN, PHNA-BC
Office: Nursing Building #227
Phone: (210) 283-6352
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - University of Texas at Austin - 1974
- Master of Science in Health Professions - Texas State University - 1988
- Master of Science in Nursing - University of the Incarnate Word - 2007
- Doctor in Public Health - University of Texas at Houston School of Public Health - 2017
Brief Academic and Teaching History
Over 40 years of active practice as a Registered Nurse in both nursing leadership and education. Over the last ten have devoted my talents and expertise in educating future professional nurses both at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Research InterestsMy research interests are centered in population health, health disparities, and health equity, especially in the young family population.
Recent Intellectual Contributions
- Dissertation: Understanding what really matters between families and their healthcare providers caring for a young child with asthma. May, 2017.
- Collaborative Student Poster Presentation: Shots for Hope: A Service-Learning Academic Model for Community-Based Immunization Services. July, 2017
- American Nurses Association
- American Public Health Association
Awards and Accomplishments
- Sigma Theta Tau, Ruth Stewart Imagemaker
- Individual Recognition for Children's Health Care, Caring for Uninsured Week
- Texas Nurses Association, District 8, Nurse of the Year
- UIW Sister Charles Marie Frank Leadership Award