PhD, MA, BA
Assistant Professor, Kinesiology
Office: Wellness Center #128
Phone: (210) 829-6036
- PhD - Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- MA - East Carolina University, Greenville, N.C.
- BA - University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
Brief Academic and Teaching History
- 2017- Present, Assistant Professor in Kinesiology, University of the Incarnate Word
- 2015 - Present, Online Adjunct Professor in Sports Nutrition, George Mason University
- 2013 - Present, Summer Online Adjunct Professor in Health and Human Development, Western Washington University
- 2013 - 2017, Adjunct Professor in Health Education, Texas A&M University
- 2010 - 2011, Instructor for Personal Trainer Certification Workshops, National Academy of Sports Medicine
- 2009 - 2010, Physical Education Teaching Assistant, Texas A&M University
- 2007 - 2008, Adjunct Professor in Health Education, George Mason University
- ATHP 4338: Exercise Physiology
- KEHP 6360: Advanced Test and Measurements
- KEHP 6378: Biomechanics in Human Performance
- KEHP 6381: Topics in Exercise Physiology and Fitness
- PEHP 1125: Pilates
- PEHP 1155: Aerobic Cycling
- PEHP 1157: Running
- PEHP 2301: Tests and Measurement
- PEHP 3350: Theory of Movement Forms: Analysis and Construction
- PEHP 4333: Fundamentals of Human Performance
The effects of prescribed exercise training and nutritional interventions on the physiological adaptations of markers of health (e.g., body composition, blood pressure, lipid profile, glucose and hormone levels) specifically in at-risk populations (obesity, type II diabetes and metabolic abnormalities).
Recent interest in whole-body inflammation caused by consuming unknown food sensitivities, identifying the reactive foods and performing elimination-based diets to lead to greater health and athletic performance.
- 2017 - Present: member of Texas Chapter of American College of Sports Medicine (TACSM)
- 2017 - Present: Member of American Physiological Society (APS)
- 2016 - Present: Member of International Society of Sport Nutrition (ISSN)
- 2005 - Present: Member of American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
Awards and Accomplishments
- 2018: Nominee for UIW Presidential Teaching Award
- 2017: Ronald Kleinknecht Excellence in Teaching Award, Western Washington University
- 2016: Online Course Excellence Award, George Mason University
- 2011: Overall subject area winner for Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology for Graduate Student Research Week, Texas A&M University
Intellectual Contributions (Publications)
- Lockard, B.; Earnest, C.; Oliver, J.; Goodenough, C.; Rasmussen, C.; Greenwood, M.; Kreider, R. (2015). Retrospective analysis of protein and carbohydrate focused diets combined with exercise on metabolic syndrome prevalence in overweight and obese women. Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders.
- Baetge, C.; Earnest, C.; Lockard, B.; Coletta, A.; Galvan, E.; Rasmussen, C.; Levers, K.; Simbo, S.; Jung, YP.; Koozehchian, M.; Byrd, M.; Oliver, J.; Dalton, R.; Sanchez, B.; Byrd, MJ.; Khanna, D.; Jagim, A.; Kresta, J.; Greenwood, M.; Kreider, R. (2016). Efficacy of a Randomized Trial Examining Commercial Weight Loss Programs on Metabolic Syndrome in Overweight and Obese Women. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism.
- Khanna, D.; Baetge, C.; Simbo, S.; Lockard, B.; Galvan, E.; Jung, YP.; Koozehchian, M.; Dalton, R.; Byrd, M.; Rasmussen, C.; Greenwood, M.; Kreider, R. (2017). Effects of Diet and Exercise-Induced Weight Loss in Sedentary Obese Women on Inflammatory Markers, Resistin, and Visfatin. Journal of Nutrition and Obesity.
- Wang C.; Li, H.; and Lockard, B. (2018). Comparison of Three Modes of Exercise in Reducing Stress and Improving Self-Esteem among Underserved Children at Title I Elementary Schools. Health Science Journal.
- Aerobic and Fitness Association of America: Group Exercise Instructor (2001)
- American College of Sports Medicine: Certified Exercise Physiologist (2005)
- American Council on Exercise: Certified Health Coach (2006)
- International Society of Sports Nutrition: CISSN Certified Sports Nutritionist (2016)
- National Academy of Sport Medicine: Certified Personal Trainer (2004)
- National Academy of Sport Medicine: Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist (2010)
- National Academy of Sport Medicine: Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist (2010)
- Spinning Instructor (2017)
- YogaFit: Level 2 Yoga Instructor (2007)
Dr. Lockhard grew up in a military family (her dad is Air Force and step-dad is Marines) and married into the Navy. After years of moving around, her family is excited to put roots down in San Antonio. She loves using emojis and all things technology (surprise!), enjoys staying active with her family, working out at Orange Theory Fitness and is the proudest lacrosse/karate/swim-team mom in Alamo Heights.