PhD, MSN, RN, RNC-OB
Professor/RN-MSN Track Coordinator
Office: Nursing Building #113
Phone: (210) 829-3995
- PhD - Texas A&M University, Educational Human Resource Development
- MSN - Incarnate Word College
Brief Academic and Teaching HistoryDr. Rauschhuber's teaching at UIW began in 1999 with focus on childbearing family and nursing skills. Additional assignments included undergraduate and graduate research, undergraduate issues, informatics, health assessment, and student success.
Research InterestsVaried: Health Literacy, Ethical Beliefs and Intentions, Conflict Management, Spirituality and Health
Recent Intellectual Contributions
- Dols, J. D., Hoke, M., and Rauschhuber, M. (2017). Mock IRB: Promoting analytical and reasoning skills in research ethics. Nurse Educator, 42(6), E4-E8.
- Pines, E. W., Rauschhuber, M., Norgan, G., Cook, J., Canchola, L. and Jones M. E. (2014). Enhancing resilience, empowerment and conflict management among baccalaureate students: Outcomes of a pilot study. Nurse Educator, 39(2), 85-90.
- Pines, E., Rauschhuber, M., Norgan, G., Cook, J. D., Canchola, L., Richardson, C., and Jones, E. (2012). Stress resiliency, psychological empowerment, conflict management styles, and workplace violence experiences among baccalaureate nursing students. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68(7), 1482-1493
- Texas Nurses Association
- The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nursing
Awards and Accomplishments
- UIW Presidential Teaching Award Nominee 2017, 2014, 2011, and 2010
- Sr. Margaret Rose Palmer Award for Education, 2011
- The Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau Delta Alpha at Large Chapter and Texas Nurses Association District 8 South Texas Nurse Imagemaker, May 2009