PhD, RNC, NNP
Office: Nursing Building #126
Phone: (210) 805-3033
- PhD - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- MSN/NNP - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- BSN - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Brief Academic and Teaching History
Over the past 15 years at UIW I have taught across the undergraduate and graduate programs and participated as Dissertation, Thesis or DNP Project Chair/Advisor and/or Member for several committees. Course presentation has included face-to-face, blended and online format.
- NURS 3333 Nursing Research
- NURS 3333H Undergraduate Honors Research in Nursing
- NURS 4221 Issues in Nursing
- NURS 4541 Nursing the Childbearing Family
- NURS 4532 Leadership/Management
- 1 credit Interprofessional Education
- NURS 6311 Research I: Analysis and Interpretation
- ST 7399 Research Methods of DNP
- NURS 7650 Evidence Based Methods and Practice I
- NURS 7655 Evidence Based Practice II
- NURS 7365 DNP II: The Capstone
- Health Behaviors of Hispanic Women
- Cardiac Risks in College Students
- Adolescent Risk Behaviors
- Care of the Newborn and High Risk Neonate
- American Nurses Association
- Texas Nurses Association (District 8)
- Neonatal Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau Delta Alpha Chapter at Large
Awards and Accomplishments
- 2017 Moody Award Recipient for Academic Excellence
- 2016 Presidential Teaching Award
- 2014 Medical Center Rotary Nursing Excellence Award
- 2008 South Texas Nurse Imagemaker
Intellectual Contributions (Publications)
- Muñoz, L.R. Book Chapter. (2017). Intrapartum Nursing Assessment. Eds. M. Davidson, M. London, and P. Laedwig, P. 11th Edition. Boston: Pearson.
- Dols, J.D., Muñoz, L.R., Martinez, S.S., Mathers, N., Miller, P.S., Pomerleau, T.A., Timmons, A., & White, S. (2017). Developing Policies and Protocols in the Age of Evidence-Based Practice. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 48 (2), 87-92.
- Muñoz, L. R., LaFrance, K., Dominguez, D. Goei, K., Herbers, S., Gunter, M. D., Richardson, C., Allwein, D., Rauschhuber, M., Moore, R., Norgan, G., Marquis, L. and Jones, M. E. (2014), Text Messaging as a Tool to Increase Physical Activity in College Students, The Physical Educator, 71(3), 437-453.
- Muñoz, L. R., LaFrance, K. Herbers, S. Kimmel, J., and Jones, M. E. (2012). Monograph proceedings of a conference, panel and roundtable discussions on "Exploring Critical Health Risks of Children and Adolescents in San Antonio, Texas Promoting Cross Disciplinary Research Priorities on Adolescent and Child Health Issues in Alignment with Community Partners."
- McNeill, J., Cook, J., Mahon, M. Allwein, D., Rauschhuber, M., Richardson, C., Muñoz, L. R., Jonez, M. E. (2011). Enhancing Cardiovascular Risk Assessment with a Family History Intervention, American Association of Occupational Health Nurses Journal, 59(4), 181-194.
- Muñoz, L. R., Etnyre, A., Adams, M., Herbers, S., Witte, A., Horlen, C., Baynton, S., Estrada, R., Jones, M.E. (210). Awareness of Heart Disease Among Female College Students. Journal of Women's Health, 19(12), doi: 10.1089/jwh.2009.1635
- Gilliland, I., Nadeau, J., Muñoz, L. R., Parker, R., Williams, S., Cook, J., Mahon, M., Rauschhuber, M., Richardson, C., McNeill, J., Gutner, M. D., Jones, M. E. (2010). A Study of the Role of Spirituality Among Retired Military Nurses. Journal of Spirituality and Mental Health. 12(3), 224-239, dio:10.1080/1934963003730084
- Muñoz, L. R., Norgan, G., Rauschhuber, M., Mitchell, D., Richardson, C., Allwein, D., Beltz, S., Cook, J., Etnyre, A., Gilliland, I., Lowry, J., Mahon, M., Mikan, V., Powell, B., Sethness, R., & Jones, M. E. (2008). An Exploratory Study of Cardiac Health in College Athletes, Applied Nursing Research, doi: 10, 1016/j.aprnr.2008.02.008
- Zarate-Abbott, P., Etnyre, A., Gilliland, I., Mahon, M., Allwein, D., Cook, J., Mikan, V., Rauschhuber, M., Sethness, R., Muñoz. L., Lowry, J. & Jones, M.E. (2008). Workplace Health Promotion-Strategies for Low-Income Hispanic Immigrant Women, Business and Leadership, 56, 217-222.
- Muñoz, L. R. & Stevens, K. (2007). The Association of Maternal-Fetal Attachment and Length of Gestation with Decisional Balance and Level of Smoking Behavior in Pregnant Mexican American Adolescents, The Journal of Multicultural Nursing & Health, 13(1), 13.
- Stevens, K. R. & Muñoz, L. R. (2004). Cigarette smoking: Evidence to Guide measurement. Research in Nursing & Health, 27(4), 281-292.
- NCC Certification - Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse in State of Texas
- DNP Project Advisor for 11 students
- Dissertation Committee Member for 3 PhD students
- Thesis Committee Member for 1 Master's student