EdD, MSN, RN, CNE
Office: Nursing Building #125
Phone: (210) 829-3990
- EdD - Walden University, Minneapolis, MN
- MSN - California State University, Sacramento
- BSN - Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN
Brief Academic and Teaching History
Dr. Nadeau served for nine years in the Air Force Nurse Corps and worked as a clinical instructor at Hawaii Pacific University and a George Mason University prior to teaching at the University of the Incarnate Word. Dr. Nadeau served as the undergraduate nursing chair at UIW from 2012 to 2018.
- NURS 3311 Health Communication
- NURS 2315 Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- NURS 4541 Nursing the Childbearing Family
- NURS 6358/NURS 7358 Curriculum Development in Nursing
- NURS 6311 Research I: Analysis and Interpretation
- NURS 2520 and 2520L Nursing Technologies Clinical Practicums
Dr. Nadeau has worked in inpatient and homecare settings as a maternal-newborn nurse, and she has contributed nine chapters to five editions of Olds' Maternal Newborn Nursing & Women's Health across the Lifespan since 2004. She authored ten MyNursingLab online case studies for the textbook in 2016. Her doctoral research, which explored the experiences of successful Latina prenusing students, was published in Nursing Education Perspectives in 2014.
- Texas Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- Sigma Global Nursing Excellence Honor Society
- Association for Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nursing
Awards and Accomplishments
- 2018 - 2019: Colonel Laura V. Alvarado Nursing Faculty Excellence Award
- 2018: UIW Mission Continues Award for Faith
- 2017: AACN Leadership in Academic Nursing Programs Fellow
- 2016 - 2020: Project Director HRSA Scholarship for Disadvantaged Students
- 2008: Certified Nurse Educator
Intellectual Contributions (Publications)
- Gillespie, M. & Nadeau, J. W. (2019). Predicting HESI exit exam success: A retrospective study. Nursing Education Perspectives, Publish Ahead of Print, doi:10.1097/01.NEP.0000000000000410
- Nadeau, J. W. (2014). Listening and responding to the voices of Latina prenursing students. Nursing Education Perspectives, 35, 8-13, doi: 10.5480/11-594.1.
- McNeill, J., Parker, R., Nadeau, J. W., Pelayo, L., & Cook, J. (2012). Developing nurse educator competency in the pedagogy of simulation. Journal of Nursing Education, 51, 685-691, doi: 10.3928/01484834-01.
- Gilliland, I., Nadeau, J., Williams, S., Munoz, L., Parker, R., Cook, J., McNeill, J., Mahon, M., Rauschhuber, M., Gunter, M., McDonnell, H., Richardson, C., & Jones, M.E. (2010). Remembering wartime experiences: The role of spirituality among retired military nurses. Journal of Spirituality and Mental Health, 12, 224-239, doi: 10.1080/19349631003730084
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Texas Registered Nurse
- Minnesota Registered Nurse
Dr. Nadeau serves as a Holistic Admissions for Academic Nursing (HAAN) Consultant for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
She is married with two sons.