Office: Nursing Building #124
Phone: (210) 829-3974
- PhD - University of Texas at Tyler, Tyler, Texas
- MSN - University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio, Texas
- BSN - University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio, Texas
Brief Academic and Teaching History
2003 - Present: Full-time Faculty, University of the Incarnate Word.
- NURS 4182 Senior Seminar
- NURS 4288 Nursing Internship
- NURS 4532 Nursing Leadership/Management
- NURS 3510 Nursing of Adult I
- NURS 2520 Nursing Technologies
- NURS 3322 Issues in Nursing
- NURS 3630 Nursing of Children and Adult I (didatic and clinical)
- NURS 2213 Basic Health Assessments (assisted in labs)
- NURS 4332 Nursing Leadership/Management (SPS)
- NURS 3341 Health Promotion & Disease Prevention
- NURS 6321 Nursing Theory (co-instructor Monterrey, MX cohort)
- NURS 6311 Nursing Research I (co-instructor Monterrey, MX cohort)
- NURS 6342 Nursing Research II (co-instructor Monterrey, MX cohort)
- NURS 6361 Nursing Leadership and Health Policy (co-instructor Monterrey, MX cohort)
- NURS 6358 Curriculum Building in Nursing (co-instructor Monterrey, MX cohort)
- NURS 6331 Aggregate Health Nursing I
- NURS 6452 Aggregate Health Nursing II (co-instructor Monterrey, MX cohort)
- NURS 6371 Aggregate Health Nursing III (co-instructor Monterrey, MX cohort)
- NURS 6368 Teaching in Schools of Nursing (co-instructor Monterrey, MX cohort)
- NURS 63CS Capstone (co-instructor Monterrey, MX cohort)
- Minority health focused on the management and care of chronic conditions in high-risk and marginalized populations
- Interprofessional education
- 2004 - Present: Sigma Theta Tau - Delpha Alpha-At-Large Chapter
- 2002 - Present: American Nurses' Association (ANA)
- 2002 - Present: Texas Nurses' Association (TNA)
Intellectual Contributions (Publications)
- Dominguez, D., Sanchez-Diaz, P.C., Fike, D.S., Ramirez, M.N., Walk, M.E., Gotllieb,H. and Parker, R.A. (2016) Conflict handling preferences of health professional students before and after participation in an Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice (IPECP) initiative. Health and Interprofessional Practice 3(1):eP1093. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.7710/2159-1253.1093.
- Sanchez-Diaz, P. C., Parker, R. A., Ramirez, M. N., Narayanan, S., and Dominguez, D. G. (in press, 2014). Shaping student attitudes towards healthcare teams through a hybrid and an online interprofessional education course: Results from a Pilot Study. Optometric Education.
- Cauthon, K. A., Nguyen, C. N., Ramirez, M. N., Ybarra, L. M., and Parker, R. A. (2014). Snapshot of the Impact of Interprofessional Collaboration in Practice in Diabetes Care. AADE in Practice.
- Vardaman, S. A., Johnson, K. S., Spurlock, A. Y., Ramirez, M. N., and Simon-Campbell, E. (2013). High Fidelity Simulation: Experiential versus Observational Learning. International Journal of Academic Research and Reflection, 2 (1).
Certifications/LicensesRN in Texas
- Clinical Focus
- Medical/Surgical (Special and General)
- Clinical Focus