Office: Nursing Building #124
Phone: (210) 829-3974
- PhD University of Texas at Tyler - 2011
- MSN University of the Incarnate Word - 2003
- BSN University of the Incarnate Word - 2001
- ADN San Antonio College - 1999
Brief Academic and Teaching History(2003 - Present) Full-time Faculty, University of the Incarnate Word.
- Nursing Internship
- Nursing Leadership/Management
- Health Promotion (Clinical)
- Minority health focused on the management and care of chronic conditions in high-risk and marginalized populations
- Interprofessional Education
Recent Intellectual Contributions
- Dominguez, D., Sanchez-Diaz, P.C., Fike, D.S., Ramirez, M.N., Walk, M.E., Gotllieb,H. and Parker, R.A. (2016) Conflict handling preferences of health professional students before and after participation in an Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice (IPECP) initiative. Health and Interprofessional Practice 3(1):eP1093. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.7710/2159-1253.1093.
- Sanchez-Diaz, P. C., Parker, R. A., Ramirez, M. N., Narayanan, S., and Dominguez, D. G. (in press, 2014). Shaping student attitudes towards healthcare teams through a hybrid and an online interprofessional education course: Results from a Pilot Study. Optometric Education.
- Cauthon, K. A., Nguyen, C. N., Ramirez, M. N., Ybarra, L. M., and Parker, R. A. (2014). Snapshot of the Impact of Interprofessional Collaboration in Practice in Diabetes Care. AADE in Practice.
- Vardaman, S. A., Johnson, K. S., Spurlock, A. Y., Ramirez, M. N., and Simon-Campbell, E. (2013). High Fidelity Simulation: Experiential versus Observational Learning. International Journal of Academic Research and Reflection, 2 (1).
- American Nurses' Association (ANA), 2002-Present Texas Nurses' Association (TNA), 2002- Present
- Sigma Theta Tau – Delpha Alpha-At-Large Chapter, 2004 - Present
- Clinical Focus
- Medical/Surgical (Special and General)
- Clinical Focus