DNP, RN, CDE, CNE
Assistant Professor/Undergraduate Program Chair/Traditional BSN Director
Office: Nursing Building #141
Phone: (210) 283-6901
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - St. Catherine University, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Master of Science - Nursing, Nurse education, Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, Arizona
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing, Bethel University, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Diploma in Nursing, Mercy Hospital School Nursing
Brief Academic and Teaching HistoryI have been teaching nursing since 2008 and began teaching at UIW 2015.
I have taught a variety of courses in undergraduate pre-licensure and degree completion programs, which include:
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
- Intro to Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Cultural Diversity in Health Care
- Teaching and learning strategies for baccalaureate nursing students focused on providing optimal chronic illness care and support to individuals, families, and communities.
- Integration of non-acute care, community based, clinical learning experiences.
- Simulation in clinical learning
- Diabetes prevention
Recent Intellectual Contributions
- Holland, A. E., Tiffany, J., Tilton, K., and Kleve, M. (2017). Influence of a patient-centered care coordination clinical module on student learning: A multimethod study. Journal of Nursing Education, 56(1), 6-11.
- Tilton, K. J., Tiffany, J., and Hoglund, B. A. (2015). Non-acute-care virtual simulation: Preparing students to provide chronic illness care. Nursing Education Perspectives, 36(6), 394-395.
- Patient Centered Care Coordination - Evaluating the Impact of an Innovative Curricular Module on Student Learning Outcomes; 2016 Sigma Theta Tau International and National League for Nursing Education Research Congress
- National League for Nursing
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Sigma Theta Tau International
Awards and AccomplishmentsProvost's Legacy Teaching Award, University of the Incarnate Word, 2017