PhD, RN, CNE
Office: Nursing Building #224
Phone: (210) 832-2191
- PhD, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 2017
- MSN, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2006
- BSN, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 2006
- ADN, McLennan Community College, 1986
- Patient Care Technologies
- Seminar for Health Professions
- Nursing and Health
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
- Introduction to Professional Nursing Leadership
- Integrated Clinical I
- Interprofessional Education
- Technology in Education
- American Nursing Informatics Association, 2014 - Present
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, 2006 - Present
- Texas Nurses Association, 1998 - Present
Awards and Accomplishments
- 2012: St. Pierre Cinquin Award for Faith, University of the Incarnate Word.
- 2013: The Nightingale Excellence in Nursing Award, Medical Center Rotary Club of San Antonio, TX.
- 2014: Jonas Nurse Leaders Scholar Program Scholarship, Jonas Center and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
More InfoDr. Waltz has over 30 years of experience as a Registered Nurse in a wide variety of health care settings. Her background in nursing includes geriatrics, mental health, medical-surgical, and home health. In addition, Dr. Waltz has been teaching in the undergraduate nursing program at the University of the Incarnate Word since 2007.