PhD, PMHNP-BC, RN
Assistant Professor/Coordinator Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner/BSN-DNP (PMHNP)
Office: Nursing Building #208
Phone: (210) 805-3061
- PhD - University of Miami, Coral Gable, Texas
- MSN - University of Maryland, Baltimore, Md.
- BSN - University of Miami, Coral Gable, Fla.
Brief Academic and Teaching History
Dr. Weidlish served 23 years in the U.S. Army as a Psychiatric Nurse in both inpatient and outpatient facilities in garrison and deployed. He enjoy instructing in all aspects of psychiatric/mental health nursing, especially research/evidence-based practice and the role of psychiatric nursing care in medical/surgical areas including mental health units. He has previously instructed at the Army's LPN course and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse course while mentoring students over the years. Dr. Weidlich has been instructing at the University of the Incarnate Word since Fall 2017.
- Integrated Behavioral Health and Family Systems
- PMHNP I: Diagnosis and Management
- PMHNP II: Diagnosis and Management
- PMHNP III: Diagnosis and Management
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Residency
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Psychopharmacology for the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
- Care of the Caregiver
- PTSD, Resiliency
- Pain Management
- Army Nurse Corps Association
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- Association of Military Surgeons of the United States (AMSUS)
- The Society of Federal Health Professionals
- National League of Nursing
- Texas League of Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Jonas Nurse Leaders Scholar
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
Intellectual Contributions (Publications)
- Nayback-Beebe A.M., Yoder L.H., Goof B.J., Arzola S., and Weidlich C. (2017). The Effect of Pulsed Electromagnetic Frequency Therapy on Health-related Quality of Life in Military Service Members with Chronic Low Back Pain, Nursing Outlook. doi:10.1016/j.outlook.2017.07.012.
- Nayback-Beebe, A., Arzola, S., Glaser, D., Simmons, A., Weidlich, C., and Goff, B. (2016). The Effect of Adjunctive Pulsed Electromagnetic Frequency Therapy on Chronic Low Back Pain Symptom In Active Duty Military: A Pilot Study [Abstract]. Journal of Alternative and Complimentary Medicine. pp A1-A142. doi:10.1089/acm.2016.29003.abstracts
- Weidlich, C.P., and Ugarriza, D.N. (2015). A Pilot Study Examining the Impact of Care Provider Support Program on Resiliency, Coping, and Compassion Fatigue in Military Healthcare Providers. Military Medicine (Published April 2015).
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Texas Board of Nursing
- Registered Nurse, Texas Board of Nursing
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - Active