The MSN-DNP program is now accepting applications for the Spring 2020 semester. Application deadline for the Spring semester is Jan. 3, 2020.
- A Master of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3.0 GPA in graduate studies.
- A current unencumbered license to practice nursing in the State of Texas or one of the compact states recognized by the State of Texas.
- Documentation of supervised clinical practicum hours in a MSN program.
- Three satisfactory professional references (academic, professional).
- Official transcripts sent from each college/university attended.
- An in-person interview with UIW graduate faculty will be arranged for qualified individuals.
* No GRE or GMAT required
Upon admittance to the program, students must submit a confirmation fee, which serves as acceptance and assures a seat in the UIW DNP program.
Steps to apply for the MSN-DNP
1. Application Deadline
The application cycle for Spring 2019 is currently open. The application deadline for the MSN-DNP Program will be Jan. 3, 2020. Admissions into the MSN-DNP program is once a year in the Fall semester.
2. Complete the NursingCAS Application
We encourage that your application is completed and submitted as soon as possible at NursingCAS. NursingCAS charges a fee for the application process. You must pay this fee to submit your application to UIW.
3. Submit Official College Transcripts
Submit all official college transcripts to NursingCAS. All course work and letter grades must be entered from all institutions attended.
4. Submit Letters of Reference
Submit three satisfactory references (academic, professional) to NursingCAS.
5. Other Requirements
Submit a personal statement, CV/resume, and copy of RN License to NursingCAS.
6. Additional Documentation after acceptance to MSN-DNP
- Official Immunization records
- CPR certification (American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers or American Red Cross)
- Criminal Background Check
- OSHA, HIPAA, and PPE training will be provided to the student upon enrollment in the program