- A clinically-focused Master of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3.0 GPA in graduate studies.
- A current unencumbered license to practice as Registered Nurse.
- A license to practice nursing in the State of Texas or one of the compact states recognized by the State of Texas.
- Documentation of supervised clinical practicum hours in a MSN program.
- Three satisfactory professional references (academic, professional).
- Official transcripts sent from each college/university attended.
- An in-person interview with UIW graduate faculty will be arranged for qualified individuals.
* No GRE or GMAT required
Upon admittance into the program, students must submit a confirmation fee, which serves as acceptance of the seat in the UIW DNP program.
Apply to MSN - DNP
Admission occurs in the Fall semester only.
Applicants should apply to UIW's BSN-DNP program through NursingCAS.
- Visit NursingCAS
- Click “Apply Here” to initiate your application.
- Click on “Create Account”
- Complete the required fields in order to start your application.
- Select UIW’s program in the “Full Programs List” section of the NursingCAS application.
- If UIW is the first school you are applying to, you will be charged $70 and if UIW is the second you apply to via NursingCAS then you will be charged $40. You MUST pay this fee to submit your application to UIW.
Important Information concerning Uploading Documents to NursingCAS: You must release uploaded documents to be viewed by UIW. To do this:
- Click “Program Materials”
- Click “Documents”
- Uploaded required documents by clicking "Add Document"
Monitor the Status of Your Application:
The “View My Notifications” section of the NursingCAS application will include any messages that NursingCAS or a school has sent to you.
Messages will be sent to the “View My Notifications” inbox and your personal email address that you created your account with.
Use the “Manage My Programs” option to check the status of your application including Transcripts, References, and Programs Selected. You can access your “Program Status” page in the “Manage My Programs” section of NursingCAS when logged into your account under My Program Status.
Note: you need to submit your application to monitor to the status. For visual instructions, visit the application instructions- status checks page.
For questions regarding the NursingCAS application please contact NursingCAS:
Phone at 617-612-2880 (M– Th 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, Fr 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET)
E-mail at email@example.com.
Submit Official Transcript
Send official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended directly to NursingCAS at the office below.NursingCAS
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
Important Information Concerning Transcripts:
- NursingCAS processes the transcripts on behalf of UIW.
- Official transcripts should be sent directly from your school’s Registrar’s Office to NursingCAS. NursingCAS will not accept transcripts stamped “Issued to Student”.
- Transcripts from international institutions must be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service, World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. Foreign evaluations should be mailed to NursingCAS at the address above.
NOTE: You must input ALL (including in-progress course work) of your college level coursework into the NursingCAS application EXACTLY as it appears on your transcripts.
Successful completion of graduate-level courses in Advanced Statistics and Informatics within the last 5 years (or may be taken concurrently in first year of DNP program).
- Graduate Statistics
- Graduate Assessment
Additional Documentation After Admission into the DNP Program
- Official Immunization records
- CPR certification(American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers or American Red Cross)
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers)
- OSHA required
- HIPAA required
- PPE required
- Criminal Background Check