The MSN in Nursing Leadership Program is accepting applications for the Fall 2019 semester. Application deadline for the Fall semester is August 16, 2019.
- A bachelor's degree with a major in nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- A license to practice nursing in the State of Texas or one of the compact states recognized by the State of Texas.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in professional nursing is preferred, but not required.
- A grade point average of 3.0 in graduate coursework.
- Three satisfactory references (academic, professional).
- Official transcripts sent from each college/university attended (including hospital school of nursing, if appropriate).
- Individual consideration will be given to those applicants who do not entirely meet specific requirements.
Upon admittance to the program, students must submit a confirmation fee, which serves as acceptance and assures a seat in the UIW MSN-Leadership Program.
Steps to apply for the MSN - Leadership
1. Application Deadlines
The Application cycle for Fall 2019 is currently open. The application deadline for the MSN-Leadership program will be August 16, 2019. Admissions is once a year in the Fall semester.
2. Complete the NursingCAS Application
We encourage that your application is completed and submitted as soon as possible at www.nursingcas.org. NursingCAS charges a fee for the application process. You must pay this fee to submit your application to UIW.
3. Submit Official College Transcripts
Submit all official college transcripts to NursingCAS. All course work and letter grades must be entered from all institutions attended.
4. Submit Letters of Reference
Submit three satisfactory references (academic, professional) to NursingCAS.
5. Other Requirements
Submit a personal statement, CV/resume, and copy of RN License to NurisngCAS.
6. Additional Documents after acceptance to the MSN-Leadership
- Official Immunization records
- CPR certification (American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers or American Red Cross)
- Criminal Background Check
- OSHA, HIPAA, and PPE training will be provided to the student upon enrollment in the program