The MSN in Nursing Leadership program is accepting applications for the Fall 2019 semester.
- A bachelor's degree with a major in nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- A license to practice nursing in the State of Texas or one of the compact states recognized by the State of Texas.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in professional nursing is preferred, but not required.
- A grade point average of 3.0 in graduate coursework.
- Three satisfactory references (academic, professional).
- Official transcripts sent from each college/university attended (including hospital school of nursing, if appropriate).
- An interview may be required and will be arranged as needed.
- Individual consideration will be given to those applicants who do not entirely meet specific requirements.
Apply to the MSN-Leadership Program
Admission occurs in the Fall semester.
Applicants should apply to UIW's MSN program through NursingCAS.
- Visit www.nursingcas.org
- Click “Apply Here” to initiate your application.
- Click on “Create Account”
- Complete the required fields in order to start your application.
- Select UIW’s program in the “Full Programs List” section of the NursingCAS application.
- If UIW is the first school you are applying to, you will be charged $70 and if UIW is the second school you apply to via NursingCAS, then you will be charged $40. You MUST pay this fee to submit your application to UIW.
Important information concerning uploading documents to NursingCAS: YOU MUST release uploaded documents to be viewed by UIW. To do this:
- Click “Program Materials”
- Click “Documents”
- Upload required documents by clicking "Add Document":
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Copy of Nursing License
- Personal Statement
Monitor the Status of Your Application:
The “View My Notifications” section of the NursingCAS application will include any messages that NursingCAS or a school has sent to you.
Messages will be sent to the “View My Notifications” inbox and your personal email address that you created your account with.
Use the “Manage My Programs” option to check the status of your application including Transcripts, References, and Programs Selected. You can access your “Program Status” page in the “Manage My Programs” section of NursingCAS when logged into your account at https://nursingcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/myPrograms/myProgramStatus
Note: You must submit your application in order to monitor its status. For visual instructions, visit http://www.nursingcas.org/application-instructions/status-checks/ .
Instructions and FAQs are posted here. Detailed visual instructions are posted on https://help.liaisonedu.com/NursingCAS_Applicant_Help_Center.
For questions regarding your NursingCAS application, please contact NursingCAS:
Phone: 617-612-2880 (M– Th 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, Fr 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET)
Send Official Transcripts
Send official transcripts from ALL COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES attended directly to NursingCAS at the office below:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
Important information concerning transcripts:
- NursingCAS completes an official evaluation of all transcripts.
- Transcripts must be official and sent directly from your school’s Registrar’s Office.
- NursingCAS cannot accept transcripts stamped “Issued to Student."
- In order to expedite the processing, be sure to download the transcript request form from the NursingCAS website, after completing the input of all coursework.
- Transcripts from international institutions must be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service, World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. Foreign evaluations should be mailed to NursingCAS at the address above. (All international students must contact the UIW International Students Office prior to application)
- The data entered into this section is used to calculate GPAs in order to make admissions decisions.
Note: You must input All (including in-progress course work) of your college level courses into the NursingCAS application Exactly as they appear on your transcripts.undefined
Reminder: The following is a list of prerequisite courses needed for admission into the MSN program. Candidates must have completed the courses with a C or better or be currently enrolled to be considered for admission into the program. Transcripts must show completion of, or enrollment in, these prerequisite courses:
- Undergraduate Statistics
- Undergraduate Health Assessment
Program Requirements upon acceptance
After acceptance to the MSN-Leadership program you will be asked to complete the following:
- Criminal background check.
- Immunization documentation including annual TB screening and flu immunizations Student Immunization Record PDF
- CPR (American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers),
- HIPAA, OSHA, PPE certifications